RETURN WITH HONOR

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MTC E-mail from Kyle #2

Oh my goodness, Before I say anything I want to say how much I love each and everyone of you. The MTC experience has been stellar. I can't believe that it's almost over too, cuz this is my last P-day here. I ship out on the 23rd! I'm doing great. Learning a lot and growing my testimony. It feels like I've been here for such a long time too. it's funny cuz the newbies will arrive every Wednesday and I feel like an upperclassmen or something and they're the noobs. ;) haha just joking. Sometimes I almost feel like when I'm done here, it'll be time to come home. haha But then I think, this is only a 30th of the entire mission and I can't WAIT to get to Canada and preach.

Anyways, did you get my letter in the mail yet? I was wondering cuz I figured mom would write to me on dear elder or something. let me know! :) haha Well I would write some of the things I did in that letter, but then it would spoil it, so I'll just assume you got it and I'll write about what this last week was like.

Yesterday (Tuesday) the devotional was given by Quentin L. Cook of the 12! How awesome was that. He spoke about section 112 in D&C and about all the different ways we can be effective missionaries. One thing he said that was kinda interesting was that at the time that section 112 was written, there was an economic collapse very similar to the one we have going on today. He said that when the first missionaries went over to England to preach the gospel, the people were a lot more humble and receptive because of it. And that we as missionaries in our day should consider it a blessing to be able to preach in a similar dire climate. He said that when people are looking for hope, we will be the ones that teach them about how they can rely on the gospel for hope and comfort in their stressful and hard times. He also left a powerful testimony in which he gave a blessing to every one of us that if anyone has feelings of inadequacy, that they will be blessed with confidence and strength. It was quite powerful.

Well say hi to everyone and send them my love! Thank you all so much for your prayers I can definitely feel them. :) I know this church and the gospel is true.

Love, Elder Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment